Thursday, September 17, 2009

I am so uncultured (and I don't mean in the yogurt sense.)

I tried to go to a college convocation tonight that involved four guitars. They were amazingly talented musicians; but my mind was elsewhere. I was so distracted by the fact that my little boy was crying when I left him with the babysitter, and I had told him I would be right back but then let the babysitter go upstairs to give him a drink. I felt as if I had lied to my son!

No matter how hard I tried I could not just sit and enjoy the NPR style music while the stress was forging ahead into a major migraine. I rudely stood up and walked out, forgoing the convocation credit that I needed.

I went home with my husband who followed me out, I am sure my stress was making the whole thing a beautiful time for him as well. We hung out the with the babysitter and her fiance for the next two hours. I did go up to see my son who was snoozing away completely unfazed by his mother's clear treachery on his part!

Now, off to bed, which is where I should have been a long time ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment